1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Hello... Glad to be here

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by Kharvell, Oct 24, 2010.

1. Kharvell

Kharvell New Egg

Oct 24, 2010
    Hi guys! I am new to this site a just aquired my first two chicks last night. Although I have researched and read this site many times- I am still nervous about the new chicks. I trust that all you experienced folks will be of great value in this endever. I bought a Rhode Island Red and Barred Rock pullet at the poultry barn at the fair....I know, I know...probably wasn't the best place to purchase them. They are active and eating well. I put them in an aquarium with pine shavings and a 60 watt light. I got up every two hours last night to check that they were not too hot or too cold. Since they are in the house I am not sure how long they will need the light??? I am open to any advice AND any cool name ideas!

2. Imp

Imp All things share the same breath- Chief Seattle

Welcome from an imp in Washington

Congrats on getting your first chickens. That's so exciting.

Imp

3. thechickenchick

thechickenchick Born city, Living country

Mar 8, 2008
    Eaton, Colorado
    Welcome!! You are going to love it here, I know I do [​IMG]

4. True Grit

True Grit Chillin' With My Peeps

[​IMG] from MN and congrats on your new chickies. I always need to see my pets and how they look and act before I name them. Enjoy 'em.[​IMG]

5. dawg53

dawg53 Humble

Nov 27, 2008
    Jacksonville, Florida
    Welcome to BYC.,

6. 2many2count

2many2count Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 23, 2010
    Illinois
    [​IMG]:frow
    grab a chair and read a bit never know what info you will find

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by