Hello Hello From Los Angeles

Katieasaur

In the Brooder
7 Years
Feb 2, 2012
Hi everyone, my name is Katie and I am from outside of Los Angeles. I would loveeee to keep some chickens and am in fact in a location that would be perfect and is legal to keep up to 12 hens at a time. However, money is always an issue. Trying to find inexpensive and good ways to start out. I know of lots of places around here that give away free fertilized eggs, mostly from Silkies. Any advice, or opinions are appreciated:D

welcome-byc.gif
I'm glad you joined us and I hope you enjoy it on here!

Welcome to the site Katie. I'm pretty new to raising chickens myself. I've found going to a feed store is about the cheapest way to get feed. Had problems finding medicated chick starter and grit, so I got some pretty decent prices on Amazon. Good luck!

Howdy from Austin, Texas. Here's the way OldGal and I did it. We bought about 6 hens of laying age. After a couple of weeks we started getting eggs. We ate some and sold the rest keeping the money separate. We used that money to buy their feed and when there was enough surplus in the "egg money can" we bought more hens. We're now up to a flock of 12.

Back
Top Bottom