Hello! Here to save my roosters from the BBQ!

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by nielleshee, Jul 30, 2011.

1. nielleshee

nielleshee New Egg

May 8, 2007
    Hey everyone! I'm Danielle, from New Jersey. I've lurked on this forum for a while, but today I have a very specific reason to come out of the woodwork.

We recently bought a whole bunch of chicks, and have watched them grow into adorable fluffy and chubby pullets; except for two that we suspect to be roosters - they are so very punctual!

My dad's solution to the neighbor's complaints would be to eat them, but I honestly don't want to do that aside from a last resort. Would anyone like to take them from me?!

I know I should be posting this in the auctions section, but it won't let me until I've made 10 posts, and this is a semi-emergency.

Please message me if you are interested.

2. Barred Babies

Barred Babies Red Roof Farms

Sep 20, 2009
    Pride, La.
    [​IMG] & [​IMG] from Louisiana! The best advise I could give you is to find your state thread and post on there!! Good luck finding them homes!

3. Nicole01

Nicole01 Overrun With Chickens

Mar 28, 2011
    MN
    Hello and welcome to BYC![​IMG] I'm so sorry you need to re-home your boys.[​IMG]. Good luck, I hope someone takes them.

4. jtbrown

jtbrown Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 30, 2011
    Southeastern Ohio
    Too far away to help and have my own mess of 12 and 16 week olds to deal with but keep posting and you can get into section u need! Good luck!

5. nielleshee

nielleshee New Egg

May 8, 2007
    Thanks for the support everyone [​IMG]

In case anyone needs more info, I THINK they're Rhode Island Reds? They're brown and have lovely glossy feathers!

6. 4-H chicken mom

4-H chicken mom Overrun With Chickens

Aug 3, 2007
    Oberlin, OH
    [​IMG] and [​IMG] from Ohio. So glad you joined. Good luck and start posting and you will be able to get them in the auction thread quickly. [​IMG]

7. hcppam

hcppam Chillin' With My Peeps

Glad to meet you, welcome from Big Bear Ca. I would give them away, not try to sell them if you want to get thema home. [​IMG] [​IMG]

8. weimarmama

weimarmama Overrun With Chickens

Jun 4, 2010
    Alabama
    My Coop
    [​IMG] & [​IMG] from Alabama. Glad you joined us.

9. redsoxs

redsoxs Chicken Obsessed

Jul 17, 2011
    North Central Kansas
    Welcome from Kansas. [​IMG] Good luck with rehoming! [​IMG]

10. MSDeb

MSDeb Chillin' With My Peeps

Welcome to BYC. Hope you enjoy the site and return often.

Try Craigs list.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by