Hello. I am a new member!

Welcome to BYC.
Likely. That way when mating season comes around and I want chicks, one can mate with my RIR and one can mate with the Leghorn(s).

They fight with each other every day, but they're fairly nice to humans.

I'm guessing you wanted one if i didn't keep them both?
Have a 'Plan B' in mind. With roosters that size it is very likely they will overmate that few hens. It may become necessary to separate them.

Hi, I'm new here.
Here is a question and answer about me.

(1) Are you new to chickens / when did you first get chickens?
I got my first chickens when I was 5.
(2) How many chickens do you have right now?
I currently have 5 chickens.
(3) What breeds do you have?
One Rhode Island Red hen and two White Leghorn hens, and two Barred Rock roosters.
(4) What are your favorite aspects of raising backyard chickens?
Getting and giving love and affection, caring for them, and getting eggs from the hens.
(5) What are some of your other hobbies?
Leatherworking, drawing, mechanical work, ....... Lots of things.
(6) Tell us about your family, your other pets, your occupation, or anything else you'd like to share.
I have cats, dogs and a rabbit as well as chickens.
Something else I'd like to share:
As a young woman, I may not look like the craftsmen of old, but I follow in their footsteps.

(7) Bonus: How did you find BYC, how long have you known about BYC, and what made you finally join our awesome community? :D
I found BYC when I was researching how to help one of my hens when she got bumblefoot. I've known about BYC for 2 or 3 years now, and I decided to join the community to be able to get advice on caring for my chickens from and to share my experiences with other chicken owners.
Hello and welcome! :wee

I'm guessing you wanted one if i didn't keep them both?
1679347574917.png

Back
Top Bottom