Hello, I am also new here.

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by weaversfarm, Nov 28, 2012.

1. weaversfarm

weaversfarm Out Of The Brooder

Nov 28, 2012
    If I may take a minute to introduce myself, my name is Brenda and I live in New York with my husband, son, daughter and grandson. We have a small farm with beef steers, dairy goats, and of course, chickens and ducks. I was raised on a farm in NY, moved to PA in 2000 and had a small farm there, then moved back to NY and bought the family farm where I was raised, so I have been around chickens a long time, but I am always finding new things to learn about them! I would like to try some different breeds of chickens since I have only had the Rhode Island Reds, Buff Orpingtons, and Barrred Plymoth Rocks and am looking forward to hearing different opinions and gather information on different breeds before I get them. I look forward to getting as much information as I can so I know what to expect. Being around chickens most of my life, I may be able to help someone who is having a problem that I have encountered at one time or another. Thank you for allowing me to join and I look forward to reading posts on here.

2. sumi

sumi Égalité Staff Member

Jun 28, 2011
    Rep of Ireland
    Hello and welcome to BYC [​IMG] I think you'll find the Breeds and Reviews sections informative and interesting.

3. luvmigrls

luvmigrls Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 6, 2011
    Washinton State
    Glad you found us. You will love this group of people. There was a new post today on chicken breeds, maybe check that too. [​IMG]

4. Kevin565

Kevin565 Chicken Obsessed Premium Member

Dec 22, 2009
    [​IMG]

5. weimarmama

weimarmama Overrun With Chickens

Jun 4, 2010
    Alabama
    My Coop
    [​IMG] & [​IMG] from Alabama. Glad you joined us.

6. 1muttsfan

1muttsfan Overrun With Chickens

Mar 26, 2011
    Upper Peninsula Michigan
    Hi and welcome to BYC from northern Michigan :D

I have branched out some too, added some Euskal Oiloa (Basque chickens) that are really nice birds, and just hatched out some Cream Legbars that I'm pretty excited about.

7. redsoxs

redsoxs Chicken Obsessed

Jul 17, 2011
    North Central Kansas
    Hello from Kansas, Brenda, and [​IMG]! Pleased you joined us! I was kind of like you - had chickens in an earlier part of my life and then got back into it. I love the various breeds as well and I'm always on the lookout for one I haven't raised. I X2 the advice of sumi about checking out some other breeds! Best of luck to you in your journey!!!

8. weaversfarm

weaversfarm Out Of The Brooder

Nov 28, 2012
    Thank you for the warm welcome! I have already started reading the Breeds and Review section. I love reading up on the different breeds so I am not going to regret any breed that I decide to get. This is such an imformative site....don't know how I missed it all this time!!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by