Hello I am new my name is Lorna Doone 1-7 1-7 and a friend of mine brought a duck egg he found at a duck club that was still warm

doone1717

Hatching
Apr 10, 2020
Vallejo California
I'm trying to hatch it I made an incubator I have a plastic little Tupperware I put the egg in it with a wet paper towel and put Christmas lights around the outside of it and then placed it in a basket with a lid I've been trying to keep the temperature about a hundred it seems to be working pretty good it has grown since yesterday but there's a lot of liquid in it have I been adding too much water I don't have a thermometer for the humidity

You need to get a reading on the humidity, if it is too high your egg won't loose enough moisture and will not hatch. I do not want you to get discouraged. Walmart sells a digital thermometer with humidity reading in the area where the light bulbs are at. It may not be the most accurate thing in the world but at least it will give you some kind of idea where you're at with the moisture. good luck and keep us posted.

I'm trying to hatch it I made an incubator I have a plastic little Tupperware I put the egg in it with a wet paper towel and put Christmas lights around the outside of it and then placed it in a basket with a lid I've been trying to keep the temperature about a hundred it seems to be working pretty good it has grown since yesterday but there's a lot of liquid in it have I been adding too much water I don't have a thermometer for the humidity
Is it a wild duck? If it is it is illegal to have, you should get in touch with a wildlife rehab center and see if they can take it. If you are going to incubate it I think you should find an incubator. Check your local extension office, you can check your state thread on here and see if someone has one you can borrow, or you could buy a cheap one.

Back
Top Bottom