Hello! I have no clue what im doing!

JustTryingToHellMyParents

In the Brooder
Jun 17, 2021
(1) Are you new to chickens / when did you first get chickens?: My parents decided to get chickens

(2) How many chickens do you have right now? Well 5 but declinint fast

(3) What breeds do you have?: silkies and no clue with the others

(4) What are your favorite aspects of raising backyard chickens? No clue,were not allowed to have chickens so my parents decided to keep them in large bins with pine bedding in the basement with a heat lamp (I dont think its good for them but my parents ignore everything I say even tho im the one who takes care of them)

(5) What are some of your other hobbies? I mostly like model kits and videogames as well as going on walks

(6) Tell us about your family, your other pets, your occupation, or anything else you'd like to share. My family claims to be great animal owners even tho most of our pets dont have adequate housing such as our 15 bunnies, 3 kept upstairs and the rest in the basement in dog kennels with a rabbit pan with pine bedding. And thats not counting our reptiles. Other than that we have 4 dogs and 4 cats (one of which stays in my room cuz she hates rhe others but no way in hell are they gettinf rid of the cat I raised

(7) Bonus: How did you find BYC, how long have you known about BYC, and what made you finally join our awesome community? :D: googled it today, joined today, want to stop our silkies from dieing.

How Are You Hello GIF by BrittDoesDesign

I hope you solve your problem with your silkies.

Hi! Welcome to BYC! BYC is full of awesome people who can help with all your chicken emergencies!

How big are your silkies?
How old?
How many do you have?
If you can't let them have outside time at least 6 hours per day then i suggest giving them to a new home.
The bunnys need space too.
If the bunnys are not neutered or spayed then they should all be in different pens to prevent hundreds of bunny babys.
Bunnys need greens so if you are not getting them outside or feeding them lettuce and other veggies then keep the amount of bunnys you have at a handleable level.
Sorry for the long post.

:welcome

Hello, you're in a tough spot living in your parent's home and not agreeing with their animal keeping methods. Not sure what options you have if they won't listen to new ideas.

Sorry, no advice other than to do differently once you have a place of your own.

Back
Top Bottom