Hello! I just bought my first baby chicks!

2pointers

Chirping
11 Years
May 26, 2012
Georgia
I'm so excited. I looked into having chickens a few years ago and it wasn't allowed. I got the bug again recently, checked to see if they were still not allowed, and was pleasantly surprised that they've been allowed for a little over a year now.

So I jumped the gun a little and bought 6 chicks yesterday. I still need to apply for my license, but have to wait on a letter from an inspector. He didn't see any problem though, so I'm sure it will be fine. (I also bought just a few more than I'm allowed--shhh! Don't anyone tell on my). I really would live to have 2 more, but don't want to push my luck too much.
big_smile.png

I bought the following pullets:

1 Ameraucana
1 Buff Orpington
1 Partridge Rock
1 Welsummer
1 Blue Laced Wyandotte
1 Dominique

We picked out the site for the coop, with it partially hidden away in the untamed part of our yard. However,after picking out the coop design, DH says he wants to see more of it since it will look so nice. I ordered the plans for the Chez Poulet coop that was in Country Living, although plan to make some minor modifications to it. We won't be able to start for a few more weeks, though, as we have to put in a patio first.

Hello and :welcome

Good luck with getting everything in place! It's so great that you're allowed to keep chickens now. That's awesome news for you :weee

Don't hesitate to ask any questions you might have, and enjoy the site. :D

Hello and welcome to BYC! Enjoy your chickens.
yippiechickie.gif

Back
Top Bottom