Hello! I usually just browse for info...

Leolorelei

Chirping
Aug 23, 2018
Iowa
...but thought I ought to introduce myself and open up to the possibility of being able to post! Hi, everyone! I'm really shy, though, so I'm still likely to just continue lurking for the most part...

(1) Are you new to chickens / when did you first get chickens?
I'm still very new to chickens. We just got our flock started spring 2018. My boyfriend has kept them before, though.
(2) How many chickens do you have right now?
(3) What breeds do you have?
Silkie, salmon faverolle, silver and golden laced wyandotte, barred rock, and buff laced polish.
(4) What are your favorite aspects of raising backyard chickens?
They're so fun to watch and interact with, and I love the fresh eggs!
(5) What are some of your other hobbies?
Some things I enjoy include baking, knitting and crocheting (and about all sorts of crafts), reading, fishing, and attending concerts and anime conventions when I have the time.
(6) Tell us about your family, your other pets, your occupation, or anything else you'd like to share.
We also keep goats (mainly boer), llamas, and some ducks and geese. Plus our kitties! <3
(7) Bonus: How did you find BYC, how long have you known about BYC, and what made you finally join our awesome community?
I found BYC about a year and a half ago when the idea of getting some chickens came up and I started doing some research. I found the community to be very friendly and helpful (all the while lurking as a guest) and full of information! So I figured I ought to set up an account of my own to have the option of interacting if I wished. Now... I did that a couple months ago and have still just been lurking up until this point. Thank you everyone for all your help this far!

Hi and welcome to BYC. Feel free to use BYC however you feel most comfortable. Many of us don't use any other kind of social media, but we manage here :) People are friendly, so I hope that you make yourself at home.

This is a useful link of BYC guides to take a look at announcements-feedback-issues-guides.3. You can use this link to contact members in your area - Find your State's thread.

Best wishes

Pork Pie

Thank you so much for the warm welcome and information, everyone! I really didn't expect to hear much until tomorrow. XD That was fast!

I will try not to be too shy, but I really am awful about keeping up with social media in general. If there's anything I think I can help with, I will gladly speak up, but I am still learning so much myself about it all! But that's also just a part of life. :)

On another note, I know there is a separate forum for this, but figure why not throw it in here:

Any ideas on this birdie here? I picked it up for $5 today, drawing a complete blank at the time of what it reminded me of, but now I'm wondering if it's a black copper marans?? If so, that's exciting! :D

Attachments

• Screenshot_20181201-010143_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20181201-010143_Gallery.jpg
    344.3 KB · Views: 10
On another note, I know there is a separate forum for this, but figure why not throw it in here:

Any ideas on this birdie here? I picked it up for $5 today, drawing a complete blank at the time of what it reminded me of, but now I'm wondering if it's a black copper marans?? If so, that's exciting! :D
Sorry, I can't help with breed ID but I'd imagine it would go for a better price if it was purebred :confused:

You will get responses 24/7 here on BYC. Some are insomniacs in the States / Canada and then there's peeps from all over the world :)

Back
Top Bottom