Hello, I'm a Chickoholic

SusieCue

Hatching
Feb 25, 2016
Mt. Croghan, South Carolina
20 years ago, we purchased a deserted Hog Farm in rural South Carolina. We have had chickens off and on, but recently we became very serious about raising eggers. Last month I acquired a Frizzle Cochin Roo and 3 hens. The girls started laying the day after we brought them home! We started researching laying breeds and purchased some chicks. A week ago we purchased 1 Blue Copper Marans, 6 Lavender Orpingtons, and 13 Black Copper Marans (they were 3 days old) Two days after the first batch we got 4 Wyandottes and 4 Rhode Island Red Pullets (they were 2 weeks old). Future breeds will include Australorps and Ameraucanas. My husband Marty has joined the group as well! We are both looking forward to reading forums and seeing everyone's flocks!

Welcome to the flock, Susie!
welcome-byc.gif
I am so very glad you joined us, and I hope that you will feel at home getting advice or anything else you might need from the wonderful, extremely experienced poultry addicts on BYC.
smile.png
I love the breeds you got, and I've also no doubt that you will admire the dark chocolate eggs that come out of a Black Copper Marans. My own girl is incredible in that area!

-Alex

Last edited:
Hi and welcome to BYC - glad that you have both joined us. It sounds like you have the chicken bug good and proper which is great. All the best with your layers!

CT

Welcome to Backyard chickens. You have and are getting some fine breeds. We would love to see any pictures you would care to post.

welcome-byc.gif

I saw the photos in your album, pretty birds. Thanks for sharing the pictures!

Chicken Math..Today's lesson. Out and about this afternoon. Husband: "let's go to TSC and see what kind of chicks they have, but we ARE NOT buying any more chicks". (we had 30 at home already). Me: "oh look, Black Australorp Pullets". Husband: "I really wanted some of those. The limit is 6 so we could do that, but that is it". We came home with 10 pullets and went from 2 brooder boxes to 5.

Back
Top Bottom