Hello, I'm a newb...

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by henaynei, Jul 24, 2016.

1. henaynei

henaynei Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 26, 2013
    Ashe County, NC
    Hello there!

I'm in North Western NC. I plan on raising Auburn Javas for fun, eggs and to help establish this color variation in the breed.

I am looking for Auburn Java breeders as I am planning on getting chicks this coming spring. Starting with about 15 birds.

I have started getting my infrastructure together: chickshaw, feeder, waterer, broody box, feed, electric Premier 1 fence, etc.... some I have, most I still have to acquire. :) I've done a lot of research, mostly on YouTube. Joel Salatin, Justin Rhodes and many others.

I will be pasturing my birds with rotation on my small flat front yard. I've about 2 acres total but almost all of it is extremely steep and wooded. I'll make choices about modifying that after I get some time with these birds under my belt ;) I'm aiming at permaculturing.

I have also learned quite a lot from reading posts, opinions and information in numerous threads and topics in these fora!

I'm looking forward to learning more and pairing experience with knowledge, AND eating some of my own raised eggs and chickens.

Blessings to you all!

2. redsoxs

redsoxs Chicken Obsessed

Jul 17, 2011
    North Central Kansas
    Greeting from Kansas and welcome to BYC! You've come to the right place for all things chicken knowledge. Sounds like a very interesting project you are planning. Best of luck to you...those fresh eggs will be so worth it!

1 person likes this.
  3. Pork Pie Ken

Pork Pie Ken Monkey Business Premium Member

Jan 30, 2015
    Africa - near the equator
    Hi and welcome to BYC - thanks for joining us. Good luck with your project and make yourself at home here with us.

Best wishes
    Ct

4. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years. Premium Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    Glad you joined the Backyard chickens flock.

5. Yorkshire Coop

Yorkshire Coop Moderator Staff Member

Aug 16, 2014
    Yorkshire, UK
    My Coop
    Hi :welcome

Glad you could join us here! It sounds like you have some great plans there and I wish you the very best of luck for the future. Enjoy your time here on BYC and all the chicken chat :frow

6. BuffOrpington88

BuffOrpington88 Non-Stop

Mar 20, 2012
    Hi and [​IMG]

Sounds like you have a great plan! If you ever have any questions, always feel free to ask.

Thanks for joining us! [​IMG]

7. BantamFan4Life

BantamFan4Life LOOK WHAT YOU MADE ME DO. Premium Member

Jun 15, 2012
    Washington
    My Coop
    Welcome to BYC! I'm glad you joined us! :)

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by