Hello, I'm a newb...

henaynei

Songster
9 Years
Hello there!

I'm in North Western NC. I plan on raising Auburn Javas for fun, eggs and to help establish this color variation in the breed.

I am looking for Auburn Java breeders as I am planning on getting chicks this coming spring. Starting with about 15 birds.

I have started getting my infrastructure together: chickshaw, feeder, waterer, broody box, feed, electric Premier 1 fence, etc.... some I have, most I still have to acquire. :) I've done a lot of research, mostly on YouTube. Joel Salatin, Justin Rhodes and many others.

I will be pasturing my birds with rotation on my small flat front yard. I've about 2 acres total but almost all of it is extremely steep and wooded. I'll make choices about modifying that after I get some time with these birds under my belt ;) I'm aiming at permaculturing.

I have also learned quite a lot from reading posts, opinions and information in numerous threads and topics in these fora!

I'm looking forward to learning more and pairing experience with knowledge, AND eating some of my own raised eggs and chickens.

Blessings to you all!

Greeting from Kansas and welcome to BYC! You've come to the right place for all things chicken knowledge. Sounds like a very interesting project you are planning. Best of luck to you...those fresh eggs will be so worth it!

Hi and welcome to BYC - thanks for joining us. Good luck with your project and make yourself at home here with us.

Best wishes
Ct

Hi :welcome

Glad you could join us here! It sounds like you have some great plans there and I wish you the very best of luck for the future. Enjoy your time here on BYC and all the chicken chat :frow

Hi and
welcome-byc.gif

Sounds like you have a great plan! If you ever have any questions, always feel free to ask.

Thanks for joining us!
smile.png

Back
Top Bottom