Hello Im a Noobie

DuckDuckHen26

In the Brooder
Jan 20, 2016
I'm Amber. I have several chickens, and three ducks. I dont know what any of them are, which is partly why i joined. I thought I could get to know about my babies better, and all the fun/ and not so fun things about them.

Ive lost three of my flock this winter to a crow, and two hawks.

Only one girl is laying, Hedwig.

hopefully you guys can give me some info on all the peepers.

Hi Amber,
welcome-byc.gif

If you can post close up, full body photos of your birds here we might be able to help you out.

To learn a lot about poultry care, check out the Learning Center. It's full of interesting articles dealing with all sorts of topics:
https://www.backyardchickens.com/atype/1/Learning_Center

Be sure to ask questions if you need to and make yourself at home here!

Hi Amber and welcome to BYC. :frow I hope you enjoy being a member of this community as much as the rest of us.

All the best
Ct

Also all i was told about my younger birds: Hawkeye, Goldie, Perch, Tom, and Hedwig- was that they are Banty. I dont even know what that is. Every time i look up pics they are every type of chicken. I know the def. is that its a smaller version of something. But i cant find these guys anywhere.

Hello!

Welcome to BYC and the coop! There's a lot of great peeps here! Feel free to ask lots of questions. But most of all, make yourself at home. I'm so glad you decided to joined the BYC family. I look forward to seeing you around BYC. You have some beautiful birds! Love that gray and white one. :love

I would be more concerned with protecting your birds from predators, if you are free ranging them - it sounds like they would be better off in an enclosed run with cover. Also the openings in your fencing are large enough for various predators to get inside and kill your birds. Please check out the predators threads on BYC and also the coops section for suggestions on having secure coop and runs for your flock.

Back
Top Bottom