hello ..im new

Ok thanks.....wished I would have come on here first. Lesson learned. So when I unpack the next batch...leave for 24 hours pointy side down. Then incubate at 38c..... humidity 43 .....stop turning at 18 days. Put humidity up to 55 and drop temp a degree. Thanks for your help.

Last edited:
G’Day from down under Simon
frow.gif
Welcome!

Sorry about your fruitless hatch. As you have already received some good advice, I will just wish you all the best with the next one.

As mentioned, you have received some great advice from BYCforlife but just in case you have any more questions and BYCforlife is not on line, this is a link to the Incubating & Hatching Eggs Forum: https://www.backyardchickens.com/f/5/incubating-hatching-eggs

I hope you enjoy being a BYC member. There are lots of friendly and very helpful folks here so not only is it overflowing with useful information it is also a great place to make friends and have some fun.

You might want to also pop in and say hello on your local thread: https://www.backyardchickens.com/f/26/where-am-i-where-are-you ‘Find your State’s thread.

Last edited:
Shipped eggs have poorer odds of hatching(as a rule) than do eggs acquired locally. Maybe you could find someone in your area that sells fertile eggs. You could post on your state thread - just put state name in the Search box above, and it will come up for you.

Thanks everybody......I had to throw the last batch away sadly. It was like they all died even though they were never alive. Anyway I informed the seller of the eggs ....i did say it was probably my fault. He very kindly has sent me 12 more eggs for free. Which was superb. I got them yesterday and they are currently settling pointy side down . I'll start the incubation later today. I have 12 bantam eggs. 4 black Pekin...4 Belgian bearded d'uccle ...2 rock Plymouth and 2 buff sussex who's eggs are much larger than the others. Hope hes not sent my geese eggs by mistake ....ha ha. Right ....so the incubator is set on 37.8 c and humidity is on 45 ......If there's any more advice before I start ....that would be great. Heres goes ....take two !!

Last edited:
Hello....think I know why they didn't hatch first time round. There is a setting on the incubator which says HU .....I assumed this was humidity. It isn't.....so I've followed previous advice and bought a hygrometer....my humidity is over 60 without any water in the tray. I need to get this down.....but theres no settings to adjust it. I have a fan on the batar and I've moved it to a more ventilated area. What else can I do ....Do I need water in the incubator ?? I've not put the eggs in yet but im starting to panic a little now !! I've had my eggs about 28 hours now ....do I need to get them in soon as possible. Wow....this is harder than I thought it would be

Hello again ....I'm on day 18 now. I have 3 black Pekin bantams. All the eggs are moving ....i have put the humidity up but I am struggling to keep it at 70%........it keeps rising to 80%. Is this ok or is it too high ....really don't want to lose these chicks right near the end. Can anyone help me with this. Thank you !!!

Back
Top Bottom