Hello, I'm new!

I first got chicks at the end of May of this year, 2022.

I love chickens so much, I have a lot right now! About 50 pullets and 8 or more roosters in the "rooster ranch" till further notice.

I started with a mixed flock of "starter chickens" which are just coming into laying; I have just sold them because I decided I want to breed to keep heritage breeds alive. They are barnyard mixes.
I am most interested in Orpingtons, Ameraucanas, Speckled Sussex, and the baby cuckoo Marans that are just 2 months old.

I love talking with friends about chickens, helping others learn the curve (I read a lot about poultry care). I love being out with my birds and have already been able to treat birds for different things and mend one from an attack.

I have been busy building my chicken empire (LOL) so my other hobbies have taken a back seat, but I am learning how to pressure can and actually build things.

My family and I love our simple life. We also have 4 turkeys, 4 dogs, a cat, a lizard, and a little porch pond with tiny fish.

I found BYC while looking up different chicken "colds" and how to treat. I was lurking for a while and figured I should join in case I can help others and find more information. This is a great place! Thank you for adding me.
Welcome to BYC!!

Hello :frow
Welcome to BYC!
Thank
Hello and welcome to BYC! :frow Glad you joined.
I'm sure you've since learned that chickens don't get colds.
Yep! I have learned all about infectious diseases and even things like gapeworm. I even had a really cool conversation with one of our local state/County poultry inspector doctors! That was awesome and I learned a lot. Thanks for having me.

Back
Top Bottom