hello i'm new.

chickenX

In the Brooder
8 Years
Mar 1, 2011
Long Beach
hello.
*clears throat*
i don't mean to be pushy, to seem like i have some sort of chicken "agenda" right from the start . . .
*awkward pause*
. . . but, how un-new must i be to post pics?
you see, i have this new chicken.
a glamorous "rescue" chicken full of intrigue and mystery.
up until yesterday she was surviving in the back yard of an abandoned house among a pride of feral cats and two domestic rabbits.
but today, after a quick chase and a blanket toss, she's living among a pride of tame cats and three domestic rabbits (the more things change . . .).
she's big. bigger than any of my other hens by far. in fact, i think all of my other hens could fit inside her and still have room for two pieces of carry-on luggage.
her name, by the way, is zilla.
she does not seem aggressive, just a bit fearful and i suspect that right under the surface of her slightly anxious chicken skin lies a very kind and generous bird. for example, after eating a meal from my hand tonight, she perched on my shoulder and attempted to groom my bangs (i'm sure she did an excellent job in terms of effort but my bangs are unruly and no amount of grooming will ever fix that).
at any rate she is a bit of a puzzle, this bird. is she "game?" an odd mix? a velociraptor? where did she come from? why was she dwelling amid saucy felines? does she even have a license to "do" hair in the state of california?
*looks down at the ground*
and it's not that i need to know what zilla "is." i mean, i've been to university, i certainly understand that biology is not destiny, that what a chicken "is" and what she "performs" in terms of identity can be (most certainly must be!) two entirely different things and that biology, in the end, is probably more of a (nefarious?) taxonomical smoke-screen than it is any sort of definitive path to the understanding of the actual chicken-being. in addition i suspect that zilla and i could march clumsily down the road of happiness together with our gigantic scaly feet (i don't pumice-stone nearly enough) without my ever understanding her genetic origins and that we'd be just fine.
and yet i'm such a curious girl.
such a curious, curious girl.
and thus i'd like to post a picture. or two. and see if any of you lovely (and if you are still reading this, amazingly patient and indulgent) chicken-folk might shed some light on zilla's ancestry.
*tapping foot*
so . . . when?

Welcome to BYC!

Keep posting and you'll no longer be a newbie and then you'll be able to post pics.

Sounds like you have a very large, fun hen!

welcome-byc.gif
frow.gif
from the Big Valley!

Mainly trying to bump your post up.

We've had a lot of spammers lately and they had to change some things that new member were once able to do from the beginning.

Just going to say you have a few more.

Sounds like to have your perfect match.

If you want to try to email me the pic, or if it will let you send to me in a pm, I can try posting for you.

thank you for the welcome, welcomers.
okay, i will attempt to be patient.
it is not my forte.
but i'll try to take chicken-life on chicken-life's terms . . .

Back
Top Bottom