Hello! I'm Peter & My German Shepherd Is Hund! Ivermicin Q's...

there are allegedly a few bloodlines that have produced dogs that had an issue. It's been more "individuals" that had a sensitivity than it being a breed issue. But some test for it.

no matter which method you use, routine testing is going to be important. I think effectiveness may be lowered because of over-use. the "every 30 days" is to cover the companies butt - just in case you are a little late, your dog will be covered and they won't have to pay out on their guarantee.
So, you have years of commercial use, on a slightly accelerated schedule and it's not surprising that some populations of parasites may eventually develop an immunity.

I have used ivermectin for my GSDs for about 13 years.       I pay $30 every 2-3 years for a bottle  vs it would be $60 every 6 months for heartguard.

the sensitivity isn't common in GSDs.    mostly collies and other herding breeds.

I use .01CC per 10lbs of dog every 45 days.    If in doubt, have the test done for sensitivity before using.

Thanks!

.08cc for an 80lb dog, then.

Hund has been on Ivermectin for his whole life, so he's fine with it.

How do you go about diluting it out, and administering it to your Shepherds?

I bought 3 - 60ml needles, to store it in...

Thanks!

I don't dilute mine. and I don't store in needles. you have to get insulin needles - something that is graded in 1/100s of a cc. very tiny needles
I just squirt it directly onto his food

Back
Top Bottom