Hello! I've been lurking for several months

chknlittle17

Chirping
May 10, 2020
I am a relatively new chicken mom. I got my chickens mid-april and am awaiting their first eggs hopefully by October. I have a total of 13, 7 chooks are 3 months old and 6 chicks. My flock is a total mix. I have 2 brahma, 3 australorp, 2 barred rock, 1 polish, 1 EE, 1 RIR, 1 speckled sussex, 1 black sex link and 1 unknown.

I love my chooks and they've given my kids something to do/care for while they have been stuck at home. We are looking at another 5-6 months stuck at home at this point so the kids get to see the chickens grow up. They have learned a lot about them over the past few months. We are also planning to start a garden and start homesteading since we have the land and are allowed whatever animals we want out here (ag zoning). I want a small farm and we are working towards that.

:welcome
@chknlittle17 - We are so glad to have you here and cannot wait to help you grow as a newer chicken caretaker. You mentioned wanted to homestead, so I am going to recommend BYC's sister sites I really think you should join as well! BackYard Herds in particular was a blessing when we had goats and rabbits.
  • BACKYARD HERDS - All about herd animals, whether it be goats or cows, from horses to rabbits, pigs to bees. Theses are helpful folk!​
  • THE EASY GARDEN - Want to learn more about different crops, study up on heirlooms, or wonder what Back to Eden gardening is? Come on over!​
  • SUFFICIENT SELF - Learn more about self sufficiency, homestead, DIY, and talk with others about how to get to where you want to be at your home.​
welcometater.png

Back
Top Bottom