Hello.. just searching for information.

Pics
Good evening. Well, I did it. 8 PM on a dark, dark evening. I didn't want to wait until later because we have wild animals locally.
It has been a whole month since I put Ariel in coop in a dog kennel. Tonight I opened the door and tied it open. I am terrified the other hens will attack her again, but I followed the directions exactly. Have any of you ever prayed to God for the life of a little chicken, well I did. Wish me luck, or more, wish Ariel, luck. Leon would have laughed and entirely understood. I am just a big mama hen. :fl :love
Oh, and I never wished all of you a Merry Christmas! I didn't do much celebrating this year, to be honest. Merry Christmas and a very happy New Year. (please oh, Lord!)

How was the coop's flock members this morning?
hi, everyone ... I've been so distracted lately. It has been a year since Leon's death and this January has really been difficult. I noticed this question and realized I never got back to everyone. Your advice worked. I want to thank everyone that gave me advice. I was in tears when I joined your site. I kept Ariel in her dog pen until Christmas day - or the day afterwards. I went out and released her at night well after dark. The next morning everything was OK. Every so often the boss (Bernice, a Barred rock) nips at her but nothing that draws blood. I keep telling the hens to remember what Jesus said about 'love one another'!
please don't laugh! heck, why not preach to the chickens, St Francis, did!
She is part of the family once again. I personally feel that chickens' social rules are even more intricate than humans' or Cats' ! Everything is OK. I've hung up a cabbage that they are slowly nibbling to death. I know I have a lot to learn.. but that is true about my life, generally, right now. Plenty of challenges. I thank all of you for your help!!! :thumbsup:wee😺

Back
Top Bottom