Hello, my family!

country-freedom

In the Brooder
Apr 9, 2020
(1) Are you new to chickens / when did you first get chickens? I've had chickens as pets while growing up on my Pappaw's farm. That's been my only experience.

(2) How many chickens do you have right now? 0.

(3) What breeds do you have? In my mind: everything spotted, mottled, speckled, spangled, mille fleur - everything with spots! I have exceptions....turken - definitely not interested in those. Silky - only for broodies & kept separate from my flocks.

(4) What are your favorite aspects of raising backyard chickens? Oh gosh - 1. The beautiful colors those feathers come in! 2. The various conformations of the breeds!

(5) What are some of your other hobbies?
I'm learning to hand sew, I'm very interested in getting a Treadle Sewing Machine, just in case of no electricity.
I'm also interested in learning how to knit & crochet, I'm still interested in candle making & making new jewelery out of old jewelry, feathers & fabrics. I'm planning on learning how to make an outdoor stove/oven once we move.
If we're able to, a few other livestock choices will be included.

(6) Tell us about your family, your other pets, your occupation, or anything else you'd like to share. My children are now grown. I now have only a male Shih Tzu named Champagne On Ice Billups. He's been a father twice before & will be once again come early part of May. I've been his everything & he's my companion, since last June.

(7) Bonus: How did you find BYC, how long have you known about BYC, and what made you finally join our awesome community? :D
I was a member during the years 2007 - 2011 & 2013. Life took some necessary turns, my children grew up, & I went back to my husband to try and work things out, found out he's a Narcissist & left once again. Researched extensively about different types of Narcissistic behaviors & went back to help him after he had stints put in twice for poor blood circulation in his leg. He kicked me out, since he couldn't control me any longer & I've lived with my children since then.
My oldest daughter's family is actively searching a place to move into the countryside somewhere close to Louisville, KY (on either side of the river), & we are considering chickens for the household (finally I'll be getting chickens) & exploring the best way to garden.
I am so happy to be back with you, my Peeps!

Here's a quick link to where to post your new thread with your intro info:

Thank you!
I honestly feel like I've come back home.
I've wanted to rejoin so many times, but timing was off, until now.
My oldest daughter & son-in-law are now very interested in what I've been talking about for years. They're asking questions, actively searching for property that meets what we want, & planning for what we need.
I am ecstatic!

Back
Top Bottom