Hello, my name is K Mole

K Mole

In the Brooder
Oct 8, 2020
(1) Are you new to chickens / when did you first get chickens?
When I was a kid we had chickens as pets and for eggs. We had one big flock and added to it as we came by chickens. We had many different breeds and made our own incubator and hatched our own chicks. At one point I'm pretty sure we had 60 chickens and all had their own names. My mother would do activities, such as chicken hatching, with our teachers and so we were known as the chicken girls at our school. As I got older our flock got smaller and we eventually had to integrate it into a friend's flock due to a hurricane destroying our coop. This happened when I was around 13ish, now I'm 26 and it has been ages since I've had my own chickens.

(2) How many chickens do you have right now?

Two baby chicks.

(3) What breeds do you have?

One Rhode Island Red and one Ameraucana.

(4) What are your favorite aspects of raising backyard chickens?

Pretty much everything, I love chickens!

(5) What are some of your other hobbies?

I write, draw, build things, crochet, and play games :). Currently, I work full time and am in school so not a lot of time for hobbies.

(6) Tell us about your family, your other pets, your occupation, or anything else you'd like to share.

We are part of a large, animal-loving family. We have two dogs and five cats. I would love to have a goat, but we aren't able to at our current home.

Back
Top Bottom