Hello, my name is Nicole and we are new to BYC

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by Nicoledc, Jun 7, 2017.

1. Nicoledc

Nicoledc New Egg

Jun 6, 2017
    We have had chickens for a little over a year now and are on our third clutch. It's been quite a ride. Good and bad. We have lost quite a few to foxes, and some more mysteriously. I hope to gain much knowledge and understanding about chickens,and ducks. We just took in 6 young ducks too. So far so good. But we have lost several of our chickens. We only have 11 now. Our frizzle rooster is suffering right now. He has lost all of his spunkiness. His comb has turned a dark shade of red and he barely moves. He is eating and drinking very little . I could use some,advice if any of the vague symptoms I have mentioned sound Like something familiar. I have given him Vetrx and 1 dose of tylan 50 . Not surw if he shoukd have more . Ive put electrolytes in the wayer as well. Any advice woyld be very appreciated.

2. Pork Pie Ken

Pork Pie Ken Monkey Business Premium Member

Jan 30, 2015
    Africa - near the equator
  3. KoopOnTruckin

KoopOnTruckin Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 17, 2016
    East Orlando, FL
    Welcome to BYC! I hope you get answers to your questions, it doesn't sound too fun.

4. KikisGirls

KikisGirls Be Happy! Read more. Premium Member

Jul 31, 2015
    Houston, TX
    :welcome

InchMile Forge likes this.
  5. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years. Premium Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    Please DO post asap on the emergency thread, your rooster needs help pronto.

6. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years. Premium Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    ps you need to check out the predator threads to find out how to keep predators from lunching on your flock. Otherwise they will keep coming back till all birds are gone.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by