1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Hello My name is Samantha and Im a chicken junkie

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by irishgypsi, Apr 11, 2016.

1. irishgypsi

irishgypsi New Egg

Apr 11, 2016
    like the title said, my name is Samantha, I have been addicted to chicken raising for 1 year now.
    it all started when my daughter wanted a 4h project, we started with one bantam Rhode Island hen, and then we realized that little Rosetta was sad and needed a friend and we got a white black tailed Jap names Myuki, and that begins the story we now have 8 ladies, one roo and 26 chicks.. all bantams. I heard there is not cure for this addiction and in order to feed this habbit Ive had to be very kind to the hubbie, who rolls his eyes and tells me we are not normal.. well thanks we letting me join this meeting erg website. im sure we will get to know each other.

2. Ol Grey Mare

Ol Grey Mare One egg shy of a full carton. ..... Premium Member

Mar 9, 2014
    Oregon
    My Coop
    Welcome to BYC, Samantha, so glad you've joined us! Unfortunately, even if there is a cure, you won't find it here - this site is full of enablers!

3. BantamFan4Life

BantamFan4Life Out of the Woods Premium Member

Jun 15, 2012
    Washington
    Welcome to BYC! I'm glad you joined us! :)

4. Pork Pie Ken

Pork Pie Ken Monkey Business Premium Member

Jan 30, 2015
    Africa - near the equator
    Hi Samantha and welcome to BYC - great to have you onboard with us. As O G Mare says, you are in the wrong place to be told you have enough chickens! [​IMG] At least you can talk chicken without boring anyone else silly here on this site - so make yourself at home.

All the best
    CT

5. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years. Premium Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    Nice to meet you Samantha. Please tell you hubby that BYC has over 395,000 members around the globe - all talking chicken. Wouldn't want to hurt THEIR feelings. [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by