Hello my new peeps!

I currently have 24 chickens consisting of Barred Plymouth Rock, Rhode Island Red, Leghorn, and some mixes of those three breeds. I've always been facinated with chickens. I love to learn new things about chickens and would like to learn more about quail as I hope to begin raising them as well.

welcome-byc.gif

Welcome to BYC! Glad you decided to join our flock. You have some good dependable layers. I'm a chicken person and don't know much about quail (never had any), but they sure are cute little birds. Definitely post on our quail section at https://www.backyardchickens.com/f/48/quail and take advantage of our quail experts there. Please feel free to ask any questions you may have. We are here to help in any way we can. Good luck with your flock.

Hello there and welcome to BYC!
frow.gif

So glad you could join our community!! I keep Bobwhites and have for about 10 years. They can be a challenge to keep, LOL, so pick your breed depending on why you wish to keep them. The most important thing about quail is NEVER cram them in. They are highly susceptible to aggression and even killing each other. So give them twice the recommended space. Keep them in the proper roo to hen ratio at all times or don't keep any roos at all if you are not interested in incubating your own eggs. (quail do not go broody)

Good luck with all your quail adventures and welcome to our flock!

Back
Top Bottom