Hello, New Chicken Gal Here from Central PA

ArtGirlJenn

Chirping
5 Years
Sep 24, 2014
Central PA
Hello everyone! My name is Jenn and I am a licensed artist from Central Pennsylvania.
Hubby and I recently purchased a 12 acre farm (in desperate need of repair) and are hoping to rebuild the coop that came with the property in preparation for our first small flock in the Spring.
I have never raised or cared for chickens before, but am an anxious to learn all I can and am so grateful to have found this website!
Country living is not new to us, but farming is, and I think the info and community found here will be wonderful for us.

Looking forward to "meeting" you all and learning all I can.

Hello there and welcome to BYC!
frow.gif

You have come to the right place for all the fun and learning! We are just bursting at the seams with knowledge.

You will want to stop by our learning center. Lots of good articles on all the aspects of keeping poultry including getting started with chickens, building the coop, raising the chicks and keeping your adult flock happy, healthy and safe from predators...https://www.backyardchickens.com/atype/1/Learning_Center

If you have any questions along the way, feel free to ask. Enjoy this new journey you are on and welcome to our flock!

Hello :frow and Welcome To BYC! Congratulations on the new farm! Hope all the projects go well!

Welcome to BYC!

You will find a lot of good information here. Keep on asking questions and you will get many good answers.

You may also want to read the FAQ below.

I am curious: What is a licensed artitst?

hello I am also from central pa, milton that is I am raising 25 right now in the house and cant wait to get them in the coop. this is my first attempt, and love it, so fare. maybe when you get yours we could trade of rosters to keep good blood line going, all of my birds are 3 weeks old now, I have 10 buff orpingtons, 10 barrad rocks and 5 araucanas AKA easter eggers. and then I had bought 5 sexlinks for the wife, she just had to have some fresh eggs, its funny now she is all proud she can go into the coop and hold them and I swear the one is a dog because I was digging potatoes yesterday and she followed me all over, and bonus for her was, she ate the worms when I was digging potato's got to love them or eat them. lol

Back
Top Bottom