Hello! New member intro

ohioflocklady

In the Brooder
May 12, 2021
Hello! Officially a new member, but BackYard Chickens has been my go to for every chicken question for years. Who knew raising and keeping chickens would be so in depth?! I've found the answers on here for every weird thing the flock has encountered, which has been a lot! Here's my answers to the sample questions posted:

We got our first ladies about 5-7 years ago. We have 15 hens, 1 rooster, and one turkey. Our girls are Red-laced Wyandotte, Midnight Maran, Black Sex-link, and Production Reds (would not recommend the Production Reds! So mean!) Our rooster is a mix between a Rhode Island Red and an Isa Brown, and our turkey, Miss Turk Turk, is I believe a Bronze Breasted Heritage Turkey. She was a rescue. I love having chickens and Turk Turk! Besides the delicious fresh eggs, I find them so entertaining. They are so goofy. And I feel like having them helps me understand how other species conduct themselves; it kind of shows me a little piece of the vast animal kingdom. I like being more connected to my food and more self-sufficient. Other hobbies include art and music, walking my dog, and my partner and I love the outdoors. I'm also into wildcrafting and finding/growing my own plant foods. I like to continually learn. This community is so informative! I've been coming here for all my chicken questions for years, and wanted to post a comment today, so finally joined!

1620864153658.png

Back
Top Bottom