Hello. New member

thedistractr

In the Brooder
Oct 21, 2021
My name is Ashley, I am a stay-at-home mom currently caring for 40 chickens. We have mostly barred rocks. They are a year and 6 months old. We also have four rhode island reds and 3 blue barred rocks or blue wyandottes (Im not sure which one they are, we got them at an auction) We are also raising some mixed breed chickens. We aren't sure what they are yet. We have two roosters named WIllis and Zeus. I have developed a good bond with them. They respect me but will eat out of my hand. Willis is the head of the flock and I love that he seems to trust me. I love having chickens. My favorite part about having chickens is that you know they are healthy and enriched. I cant buy storebought eggs without worrying about how the chickens were treated. I found this community by asking questions about troubleshooting certain problems that my chickens had. My other hobbies are soapmaking, archery and researching and finding ways to improve the lives and happiness of my chickens. Thank you so much for having me here!

Back
Top Bottom