Hello! - New PNW Backyard Chicken Mama here!

Raisetheroost

In the Brooder
Jan 21, 2021
Hello there!

New Chicken Mama in the beautiful wet and rainy PNW learning the ropes of raising backyard chickens! 🐔🥚🐣 Gotta say, it's been an interesting ride with I'm sure more surprises to come and mountains to climb.

But I love my flock, they are spoiled rotten and I'll do anything to ensure their health and happiness.

--

(1) Are you new to chickens / when did you first get chickens?
Yes, I am new to Chickens, but have always wanted to have a flock of my own. I purchased my first babies in early September of 2020, where they lived through their very first natural disasters.

(2) How many chickens do you have right now?

As of now, I have 10 all together. 9 Hens and one obnoxiously mouthy Rooster.

(3) What breeds do you have?

Currently, I have 3 Plymoth Rock (Yoda, Cookie and Hazel), 2 Astralorps (Hennedy and Broodzilla) 2 Ameraucana (Nani and Zazu) and 3 Sapphire Blues (Henry and the Broody Queens).

(4) What are your favorite aspects of raising backyard chickens?

I purchased my Chickens for the egg aspects, as I do a lot of cooking and baking. But they are also very smart birds each with their own personalities.

(5) What are some of your other hobbies?

I enjoy cooking, reading, writing, art, photography, video gaming and a butt load of other hobbies.

(6) Tell us about your family, your other pets, your occupation, or anything else you'd like to share.

I am 27 years old, Married (since 2016) to my High School Sweetheart of 13 years. Along with our Chickens, we have 4 Dogs, 3 Cats and some Goldfish. I am currently stuck at home because of the Covid situation, but I was in the retail field before the pandemic. Our pets are our children as we currently have none of our own, and most of my time is spent at home caring for the house and babies.

(7) Bonus: How did you find BYC, how long have you known about BYC, and what made you finally join our awesome community? :D

Found through Google, known about BYC for a couple of months and finally decided to join the community with questions of my own, hoping to find friendly faces and answers.

1611227615802.png

Very nice intro -- enjoyed reading that you, like many of us, got into chickens for the farm-fresh eggs, but learned that the entertainment value is also great. BTW, our roosters have similar names; mine is known as Sir Henry the Loud, for obvious reasons.

You've certainly come to the right place to find friendly folks who are willing to share what they know. Welcome to BYC!!

Back
Top Bottom