HELLO! New to the site:)

beadladee1

Hatching
6 Years
Mar 21, 2013
Hello!

I'm bead! My husband and I are from Alabama. We got back yard chicken fever about 2 years. We have 6 hen. 2 RIR hybrids, 1 Americana, 1 black and white spotted, 1 Golden Sebright Bantam, 1 Silver Duckwing Bantam.

We have a large fenced back yard that the girls live in. My Husband built a coop with a run that the girls go into at night but have free run of the yard during the day. We have 3 laying boxes. It hangs from the bottom of the coop. The girls have to go inside of the run to enter the boxes. But, we collect the eggs from an outer door. I'll post pic later. He did a great job making this coop and run and when you see it you'll be SHOCKED to see we used a the FRAME OF AN OLD SWING SET.

I have question about my girl Sharpie. She is my golden sebright bantam. She is a true bantam and very tiny. She is not quite a year old yet. She started laying eggs about 2 1/2-3 months ago. And about every other egg she lays, she struggles to get it out. She makes the most awful sounds. The first one she layed I thought she was dying! And so did the other girls. They just gathered around for support. The other bantam Baby Girl sat next to her and Sharpie rested her head on Baby Girls neck. It was so sweet, Me and the girls all gathered for support. Anyway, I very concerned that she is on her way to becoming egg bound. She's had bloody eggs but today was the worst.

So, is there anyone out there that might have knowledge they can share with us. I know what to do if she does become egg bound...but what has really been lurking in my mind is how normal is the freq. of what is happening to her? Or is this even normal behavior.

Any insite will be very appreciated!

bead

I don't have chickens so I'm not sure what's going on but
ab4a3b6ffa9c5224e8d94f1bf069309e835bf44ada39a3ee5e6b4b0d3255bfef95601890afd80709da39a3ee5e6b4b0d3255bfef95601890afd80709a4b3225a1483568630b9.png

Hello and welcome to BYC
frow.gif
Glad you joined us!

Back
Top Bottom