Hello, newbie chicken mom from MN

Tiranni

Songster
Jul 20, 2019
Hutchinson, MN
Hi everyone!

I am a brand new chicken owner in rural Hutchinson, MN. We just bought a hobby farm, and I promptly ordered 15 chicks. They are due here late next week, and I am so excited.

We ordered americanas, barred rocks, midnight majesty marans, and golden wynadottes.

I have limited knowledge of raising chickens, as I did help my aunt with hers for a bit. I have always dreamed of having my own flock. I have spent a lot of time reading about chickens, and will more than likely be asking for help on here too. :)

I look forward to meeting you all, and thank you for having me! :D

Carissa

Welcome @Tiranni !
Dare I ask if you have your coop completed? If not, start yesterday. Chicks are small when they come at a day or 2 old but grow fast. And coops take a lot longer to build than one expects. If you haven't get things set up yet, I recommend brooding with a Mama Heating Pad
https://www.backyardchickens.com/threads/mama-heating-pad-in-the-brooder-picture-heavy-update.956958/
We actually have a coop all set up and ready to go. That was the selling point of the property for me. ;) We have the brooding box set up with a heat lamp all ready to go too. Can you tell I am excited?

Back
Top Bottom