Hello - Newbie here -

js1085

Hatching
5 Years
Jul 24, 2014
Stevens County, Washington
Hi all,

I'm happy to become part of BYC and to finally be involved in chickens! I've been researching and talking about chickens for about 10 years, and I am finally in the position to have them. As of about 2 weeks ago, I am officially a chicken person.
smile.png
I have 7 chicks in all (about 2.5 weeks old): Silver Laced Wyandotte, Golden Laced Wyandotte, Buff Orpington, Golden Cuckoo Maran, Easter Egger, Light Brahma, and one Meyer Meal Maker (which I believe is a Barred Rock). We are currently building the coop while the ladies occupy a cardboard freezer box/brooder in the basement. (Modeling the coop after the Palace Coop from BYC!)

So happy to be here!

Welcome to BYC! Glad you decided to join our flock. You have a nice mix of breeds. I love the calm and gentle temperaments of the Buff Orpingtons, and the Easter Eggers are my granddaughter's favorite chickens. She loves their colored eggs. Please feel free to ask any questions you may have. We are here to help in any way we can. Good luck in building your coop.

Welcome to BYC
frow.gif
Glad you joined the flock!

Hello there and welcome to BYC!
frow.gif

Congrats on the new birds!!

Enjoy this new adventure you are on and welcome to our flock!

Welcome to BYC, pretty soon you will be regretting waiting so long to get chickens. They will add a new dimension to your life . Have you started watching chick tv yet? No reruns, a new show every day and no cable bill.

Back
Top Bottom