Hello newbie

Ajsavage

In the Brooder
Apr 21, 2021
Cape Cod, Massachusetts
Hi this year has been crazy, so I figured I’d throw more chaos into my daily life and try my hand at raising some chickens. Because watching 2 out of 4 grandkids 40 hours a week with 2 puppies under 2 and a 6 1/2 yo Great Dane just wasn’t keeping me busy enough. 😂🤣
This being my first flock I got (I thought)12 but came home with13 babies one weekend. Then my neighbor had 5 free babies and I said what’s 2 more (the other 3 went to my sons house).
We have a mixed flock of golden laced wyandott, isa brown, black sex link, leghorn, barred rock, and an easter egger.
I’m looking forward to having fresh eggs and hoping to have the chickens be a great learning experience for my grandkids. My grandson that already has chickens does well helping his mom out with them and it’s been great for him that his cousins who live in a condo will benefit with this flock.
I found BYC by looking for inspiration on diy nesting boxes and coops on pintrest. It’s popped up more than once so I figured it was a sign to join.
Thank you. Hope everyone has a great day.

Back
Top Bottom