Hello people

louloubell2017

Chirping
May 18, 2018
My name is Linda,,Im not new to raising chickens,,have had them off and on for years,but I am not a know it all,,current chickens include one 9 month old Buff Orphington Hen who is the sweetest bird ever,,and one Rhode island Red who is sometimes a bit moody and has been known to bite if you are messing with the others,she can be a bit bullying too,she was added to flock to keep Buff company and is 2 to 3 yrs old ,lays an egg daily..shes getting nicer the longer we have her,,and Ive been hand feeding her,,both of these hens will easily squat down and love human attention,,,then the Buff went broody during the summer,we had no rooster so I got a few eggs from a local poultry lady...2 of 3 hatched and we now have a Barred Rock,and a Cream colored with some dark spots Arucana..they are currently 8 to 9 weeks old and I posted a pic under what gender are we?Im convinced they are both hens....because I want them to be,lol..I had no idea Arucanas could be colored like the light one,,Ive had a few and they always looked like a combo of browns,blacks,,malard green blacks,,Ive been trolling this place for years..I love all chickens,,Polish are probably my favs..oh Im located in Western Colorado,its snowing.
1123181658.jpg
1104180803b (1).jpg
0927181349b.jpg

Welcome to Backyard Chickens!:welcome We are glad you joined the flock! BYC is a helpful site providing all of the information you need to know about poultry! There is always space for more members on the BYC roost!:highfive: What beautiful chickens and cute chicks! I am replying to your thread BTW! Hope you enjoy it here as much as we all do!

Back
Top Bottom