Momoftres

Songster
Sep 18, 2020
1) Are you new to chickens / when did you first get chickens? My mom actually started raising chickens a few years back and naturally I fell in love with the process, the care, the love and the rewards of raising chickens

(2) How many chickens do you have right now? I got a starter pack of 4 lil ladies (hopefully...I do have a strong inkling that one is a Roo.

(3) What breeds do you have? 2 Buff Orpingtons and 2 Speckled Sussex

(4) What are your favorite aspects of raising backyard chickens? Seeing my children love the everyday interaction and embracing the work that goes along with raising chicks. We are all animal lovers. It is nice to see them embracing the work that goes into loving them!

(5) What are some of your other hobbies? I love being outdoors, gardening, boating on the Lake. And I LOVE to run.

(6) Tell us about your family, your other pets, your occupation, or anything else you'd like to share. I have a great and understanding husband, three fantastic and challenging children, lots of extended family that is local. 2 rescue dogs, 2 rescue cats and a bunch of fish. I am a pediatric cancer nurse at a local children's hospital specializing in research.

(7) Bonus: How did you find BYC, how long have you known about BYC, and what made you finally join our awesome community? I need your help and guidance as I navigate the wonderful and interesting world of being a chicken mom!

Attachments

• IMG_0872.jpeg
    IMG_0872.jpeg
    629.4 KB · Views: 10
  • IMG_0929.jpeg
    IMG_0929.jpeg
    970 KB · Views: 8
  • IMG_0968.jpeg
    IMG_0968.jpeg
    997.8 KB · Views: 8
  • IMG_0876.jpeg
    IMG_0876.jpeg