Hello there from Southern Nevada!

BrandiA

Hatching
8 Years
Oct 25, 2011
My husband and I live just outside of Las Vegas and we are just getting into chicken raising. We wanted to be as informed as possible before we purchased out little bantam flock. Any advice on having chickens in such a hot climate would be awesome! Have a great one!

Hi and
welcome-byc.gif
!!!!! Im new too so I'm not much help in the advice department, but I do know, after spending all of my time after homework obsessively cooing at cute baby chicken pictures online here, that YOU WILL FIND EVERYTHING TO KNOW HERE
jumpy.gif
Yay! If you dont see a question you want to ask, just go to the topic your question belongs in, click "POST TOPIC" on top right side and type out a question. There are sooooo many kind helpful people here! No question is a dumb question. And I've asked some pretty darn close-to dumb questions (i.e- is a rooster ok to eat)
he.gif
Lol!

Anyways, GOOD LUCK AND
welcome-byc.gif

welcome-byc.gif
frow.gif
from California

There's a thread for Nevadan's on here so make sure you stop in and meet more people in Nevada.

You need lots of vents for both heat and during the cold. Don't know if you are high desert like Vegas, but there are chicken people who do fine there. Lots of frozen treats and cold water. You also might want to look for heat hardy breeds.

Back
Top Bottom