Hello there!

jubgulia

Songster
6 Years
Oct 17, 2017
Southern California
Hi, my name is Julia. I began with chickens when a friend needed to offload 3 hens due to an issue with the city telling them they could not keep the number they had. The only previous experience I had with chickens was feeding them and collecting eggs on my grandparents' ranch as a child. Right now I have 3 Black Australorp, 3 Easter Egger, 1 Delaware, and 1 Silver-Laced Wyandotte chicks, as well as 2 Turken foster chicks, ranging in ages from 1-5 weeks old. I found BackYardChickens through my chicken raising research and realized that I could find just about anything I needed to know here.

I am mom to 3 boys (ages 7, 9, and 11), 2 dogs, and now 8 chickens. My husband works at a brewery and coaches baseball. I manage the house, garden, and kids' school, sports, activities, and appointments. My youngest son has Osteogenesis Imperfecta, a collagen disorder that causes brittle bones among other things. Some things we like to do are backpack, home brew, and play competitive volleyball.

G’Day from down under Julia :frow Welcome!

I hope you enjoy being a BYC member. There are lots of friendly and very helpful folks here so not only is it overflowing with useful information it is also a great place to make friends and have some fun.

You might want to also Find Your State Thread and pop in and say hello.

Personally, I have found the Topic of the Week articles a great resource and a one stop shop for questions which may have already been discussed within the BYC membership group.

If you would like to share pictures and stories of your flock, you have come to the right place. BYC’ers never tire of these and do not back away slowly or commence eye rolling when the photo album or home videos come out ;)

Back
Top Bottom