Hello there!

cloudstreaker

Chirping
Mar 1, 2021
Midwest, USA
(1) Are you new to chickens / when did you first get chickens?
I am VERY new to chickens. I've always fancied having them but now I actually have them! We got our chickens about four months ago. First we got a flock of 15 from someone who didn't want chickens anymore. Then we got 6 more from someone who wanted to thin their flock because of an overabundance of eggs.

(2) How many chickens do you have right now?
...around 30 :oops:

(3) What breeds do you have?
Definitely Welsummer chicks, Barred Rocks, Australorps, ISABrowns, and a mix bag of others. I really hope you guys can help me out with some of the mystery ones.

(4) What are your favorite aspects of raising backyard chickens?
They are so fun to watch. I enjoy them even more than I enjoyed a dog! The Rocks are starting to follow me around for treats now that I've consistently given treats, oh I love them :)

(5) What are some of your other hobbies?
Photography (The chickens are such a fun subject!), Spending too much time online, Rollerblading, Taking walks, Swimming, Colored Pencils

(6) Tell us about your family, your other pets, your occupation, or anything else you'd like to share.
I'm married with two children. I used to be an art teacher from NJ but moved to the midwest two years ago and now am a stay at home mom. My husband is also a teacher. We are finally out of an apartment and into a house! We also have ducks, my husband is more into those lol.

(7) Bonus: How did you find BYC, how long have you known about BYC, and what made you finally join our awesome community?
A duckduckgo search for breed information. I saw how friendly people were to newbies so I wanted to join because I really want to learn more. But I REALLY want to know what breeds I have in the mixed bag flock lol.

Back
Top Bottom