Hello to all from Middle Georgia

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by Twisted-Rooster, Jan 25, 2012.

1. Twisted-Rooster

Twisted-Rooster Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 11, 2012
    Georgia
    My name is Tommy and I come to you from the great state of Georgia. Many years I raised chicken and I was down to my last Orpington's and so I re-located them to my dad's which is just around the corner a small half mile away. April of 2011 a twister destroyed our quiet valley and our home. So the name Twisted-Rooster!!! We lost our home and eight acres of forest..some of the oaks and popular were well over 60 to 80 feet tall. We were home as the twister riped everything around us at 1am. So I can now cross riding a twister off my bucket list. My lucky Buff Orpington's were safe except for a few tree limbs laid on their roof. The house is a new... we lost stuff (everyone in the valley was safe, we lost two on the other side of town.) and the landscape has changed and we lost stuff...But our hearts remain on our small acres....It's a time to start anew!!! I'm rebuilding my brooders and pens. I am also looking for for some top of the line Orpingtons eggs in different colors to hatch. That's all for now and I hope to meet and speak to each of you either on-line or in person..This is truly a blessed site for chicken lovers!! Take care!!

Last edited: Jan 25, 2012
  2. b.hromada

b.hromada Flock Mistress

Hi Tommy. I'm so sorry to hear about the twister. [​IMG] As long as you and your family are alright. I'd like to welcome you to BYC! This is a great place to be, I'm sure you are going to love it here! Take care.

3. Kevin565

Kevin565 Chicken Obsessed Premium Member

Dec 22, 2009
    [​IMG]

4. S&N Livestock

S&N Livestock Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 17, 2009
    southern ohio
    [​IMG] from Ohio

5. ghillie

ghillie Hen Pecked

Nov 13, 2008
    Colorado Springs, Co
    [​IMG]

6. greymane

greymane Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 2, 2011
    Snyder County, PA
    [​IMG]

7. silkymom1986

silkymom1986 The Silkie Villa

Sep 28, 2011
    Byhalia, MS
    Glad everyone was ok.....also glad you joined!!! [​IMG]

[​IMG]

8. The Red Rooster

The Red Rooster Poultry Observer

Welcome to BYC, Tommy. Glad you joined us!

~AnnElise

9. 1muttsfan

1muttsfan Overrun With Chickens

Mar 26, 2011
    Upper Peninsula Michigan
    Hi Tommy, welcome to BYC to you and your family from northern Michigan :D

10. dawg53

dawg53 Humble

Nov 27, 2008
    Jacksonville, Florida
    Welcome to BYC.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by