Hello to all!

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by The Roses, Apr 21, 2016.

1. The Roses

The Roses New Egg

Apr 21, 2016
    Hello to everyone we have been using BYC in aid to a lot of our questions through out the 1st year of being chicken owners and figured it would be a good Idea to join the community that has helped answer every question we've ever had.
    So everyone knows we started our flock with 1 Frizzle, 3 Cochin/frizzle mixes, 1 Barnyard mix Roo, 3 Easter eggers, 1 RIR and 1 Cream Buff Orphington Roo. We had our set back starting off getting birds that weren't sexed properly then trying to find homes for 6 roosters. Cochiliousis took 3 of our birds before we got a handle on the situation. The birds listed are what we have now from the original group. This spring Chicken Math has hit and we have 6 red sexed links, 5 Barred Rocks and 1 RIR that are about 7 wks now, and we have 7 Easter Egger and 4 Black Australorps that were hatched 10 days ago. we have found that we have 3 Barred rock roos and the 1 lonely RIR we got is a roo. We have found homes for 1 Barred rock roo and are bringing the remaining to our local "chicken swap" this weekend.
    Glad and looking forward to all the information the other members and group have to offer and if we can share witht he rest as well.

2. Pork Pie Ken

Pork Pie Ken Monkey Business Premium Member

Jan 30, 2015
    Africa - near the equator
    Hi and [​IMG] - glad that you have joined us.

You may wish to consider joining your state thread as it will put you in touch with other BYC members in your area - just type the name of your state in the search box.

All the best
    CT

3. Ol Grey Mare

Ol Grey Mare One egg shy of a full carton. ..... Premium Member

Mar 9, 2014
    Oregon
    My Coop
    [​IMG]

4. BantamFan4Life

BantamFan4Life LOOK WHAT YOU MADE ME DO. Premium Member

Jun 15, 2012
    Washington
    My Coop
    Welcome to BYC! I'm glad you joined us! :)

5. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years. Premium Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by