Hello to All!!

sandystn

Hatching
8 Years
Apr 28, 2011
My name is Sandy and I live in Minnesota.

(1) are you new to chickens / when did you first get chickens

I am not new to chickens. We raised them when I was a kid. I was in 4-H and would take them for the local fair. Haven't had chickens for many years. My kids got 4 ducks for easter 3 years back. I of course was having fun with them and decided to try raising chickens too. My husband was not thrilled, but got used to it over time. I lost my ducks to a hungry weasel, and some of my chickens to a raccoon. (Not at the same time) I now have a critter proof chicken coop.

(2) How many chickens do you have right now?

I have 11 hens and 1 rooster

(3) What breeds do you have?

Not sure what the breeds are. I have 3 that lay blue eggs. Some lay brown eggs and some lay white eggs.

(4) how did you find out about BackYardChickens.com?

Was searching the internet for information on raising chickens and came across it.

(5) Tell us about your family, your other pets, your occupation, or anything else you'd like to share.

I am married to a very understanding man. and Have 2 great kids. My son is 17 and daughter is 14. I have 2 cats (Max & Tucker) and 2 dogs (Hunter and Bailey). I have been cleaning houses since my daughter was 6. I got laid off from my job and starting cleaning. It has been great. I get the kids off to school and am home in the afternoon when they get home. I am able to make all the sporting events and anything else that goes on in school. My schedule is very flexible!

welcome-byc.gif
from N.W. Tennessee
frow.gif

Glad you joined up.

Quote:
Oh, I think that's a fairly common story around BYC!
lol.png
I've got a boyfriend who goes through the same thing. Every time he realizes we're about to come home with another bird he starts to try to fight it. I tell him, "This is gonna happen, so just make your peace with it." And you know what? He does!!
lau.gif
lau.gif
lau.gif

Anyways, it's great you've got that flexible schedule . . . you're going to need it for when you get addicted to this site and start spending a lot of time on here!
yippiechickie.gif

So
welcome-byc.gif
from Sacramento, CA! I hope you have fun and I'll see you around the message boards!

Back
Top Bottom