Hello to everyone I'm new to byc =)

potagergirl

Songster
5 Years
Apr 16, 2014
Northern Missouri
Hello everyone,
I happened across back yard chickens while looking for wait for it........chickens! =)
I've read some of the postings on how these little critters tick, tock, and bock. Rather
funny little things that are adorable to watch and I've only watched them on youtube.
My mother in law has chickens and they are fun but I don't see them very often.

We live in a small town near Hannibal Missouri and have lived here more then 20 years.
Next month we will be moving outside the city limits (1 mile from our current house lol).
We will be living across the street from my husbands parents (my mil with chickens).
The land has seven acres with a house trailer we have been remodeling. There are also
a few out buildings left from the previous owner. Though it's been several years since
they have been used they are still in good condition. There is a corn crib that I will be
remodeling hehe for the 15 guineas I have ordered not due in until mid June.
There is also a chicken house. A nice one with a good sturdy structure that needs
little repair. I'm going to make the small repairs to the chicken house even though I don't
think I will be getting to use it this year. Everyone is sold out of white crested black polish
chickens around here. The hatcheries want you to order 15 for shipping but hubby said I
could only have 5. So, I guess I will be chicken less for this year =(.
Maybe after having the guineas this year he won't mind me getting a bunch of the white
crested black polish chickens next year especially since he chose the breed.

Anyway I have enjoyed reading posts and will continue to read while watching youtube
videos of chickens. Both have been very helpful with guidance and instructions on how
not to kill the chicks which is what I worry about most.

Nice to see you all here and can't wait to read more =)

welcome-byc.gif

glad you joined
smile.png

images

Welcome to BYC!

Sounds like you will have a very nice place for your guineas and chickens. You might want to check with your state thread here on BYC as there might be someone nearby that has these birds, chicks or even hatching eggs so you can get your birds this year! Take a look here....

https://www.backyardchickens.com/t/73271/calling-any-one-from-missouri

You might even check our Buy Sell and Trade section in hopes that maybe someone has some of these chicks, birds or eggs they can send you...

https://www.backyardchickens.com/f/67/buy-sell-trade

Good luck finding these pretty birds and if you have any other questions, feel free to ask. Welcome to our flock!

Hello :frow and Welcome To BYC! Congratulations on your new home, and good luck with the move. Hope you are able to get your Polish, TwoCrows gave you some good links to check out ... you might want to ask on your state thread if anyone nearby wants to split a hatchery order with you. You could also order your Polish and fill up the rest of the order with some popular egg layer that you could sell on Craigslist etc, egg layer pullets tend to sell easily in the spring.

Thank you so much =)!
I didn't know there was a buy, sell, trade section hadn't found it yet.
I was busy reading all the required info and info on how to's.
Thank you for the information I will look it all over tonight.

welcome-byc.gif
Good luck with your poultry raising adventures, and I hope you find everything you need to know. Don't forget to take a look at BYC's very useful learning center (If you haven't already)! The learning center as well as the forum should answer your questions! There is always something new to learn! Glad to have you here! See you around with the flock.

Back
Top Bottom