Hello with injured chicken

Thank you. I thought so bit haven't had an injury like this when I had chickens. I'll kept it clean and keep.putting ointment on it. Good to know it'll grow back.

Oh, poor lovely. Neosporin should take care of it, but watch for infection and be prepared to administer antibiotics, if needed. I would also provide supportive care (warm, safe, calm place to rest, along with vitamins & electrolytes, plus extra protein like tuna, egg, or liver for tissue repair). Can you keep her inside for a bit?

We do have her inside. I will defiantly implement more protein. Thank you so much.

Welcome to BYC. If you could see a vet right away, that would be best. I would get some Vetericyn Wound Spray and spray it on the wound twice a day. If you don’t have that use saline. Then keep it moist with plain Neosporin ointment. Trim back any feathers that get into the wound. Keep her warm in a 70-75 degree F environment. Is her crop in her right upper chest where her food is stored, intact or punctured? Is any food or liquid leaking out of it?

We have her inside the house nice and warm. Ill keep applying ointment, as well we have cleaned with saline. I can't see her food pouch at all and she's eating fine, water and pooping.

Back
Top Bottom