Hello

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by NCaliChick, Sep 16, 2015.

1. NCaliChick

NCaliChick Out Of The Brooder

Sep 12, 2015
    Northern California
    Hi all. I've been reading on this site for a while, & decided to create an account and join in the fun!
    I've had chickens for several years, but they got older and I was down to one a couple months ago. So, to replace a few birds, I got 12 chicks. Had to build a new coop (we also moved recently & had to leave the old coop), and remember what it was like to have young chickens. I'm enjoying my young feathered (almost!) friends. Plucky, my old Rhode Island Red, is happier now to have some company again.
    Look forward to chatting about our mutual obsession!

2. Daedric Rooster

Daedric Rooster Out Of The Brooder

Sep 14, 2015
    Welcome to the flock!

3. silkiecuddles

silkiecuddles FortheLoveofSilkies

Mar 1, 2015
    Florida
    :weee Hi, welcome to BYC!!!

Good to have you join us!! :cd

4. BuffaloridaGirl

BuffaloridaGirl Chillin' With My Peeps

I just joined a minute ago too!! I've been a reader/visited since March when I bought 3 chicks for my daughter's 9th birthday. We lost one and now we just bought 2 more chicks yesterday! We love them, only have 1 layer right now, our Araucana Dorothy. However, her eggs ended up brown!! Buff Brahma, Clara, needs some coaxing. I've heard they mature slower. They are 7 months old. Now we got another shot at blue eggs with our new Araucana chick. We will see come March/April. We now have a Buff Orpington too. 3 breeds, 4 birds!!

5. NCaliChick

Sep 12, 2015
    Northern California
    We started with Rhode Island Reds about 6-7 years ago. We lost some along the way, gained a few more different breeds, lost most over time.
    This year, At the store, I was like "what the heck. I'll take one of each breed." So I got one each - buff Orpington, black sex-link, RIR, production red, Plymouth Rock, Australorp. A few days later, I went back for 2 each - RIR, Australorp, & Plymouth Rock.

I kinda want more already. I'd love to get an Americauna or 2. Just for a pretty egg basket. :)

6. trailrider330

trailrider330 Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 4, 2013
    Midwest America
    Welcome to the BYC flock! We are glad you joined us!

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

I'm glad Plucky has some company again!

7. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years. Premium Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    Welcome to BYC. The best place to start a chicken education is at the Learning Center above. I kid you not.

8. BantamFan4Life

BantamFan4Life LOOK WHAT YOU MADE ME DO. Premium Member

Jun 15, 2012
    Washington
    My Coop
    Welcome to BYC! I'm glad you joined us! :)

9. NCaliChick

Sep 12, 2015
    Northern California
    Thanks for the welcome!

10. BuffaloridaGirl

BuffaloridaGirl Chillin' With My Peeps

We finally got our second egg this weekend! We now have 2 layers. NCalichick you must have a lot of land for all of those girls!!! We have a large fenced in backyard but in a suburban type location.... No complaints from neighbors but I think 4 will have to be my limit :(. But I was really hoping to have a Barred Rock or a Speckled Hamburgh (bc I am from Hamburg NY originally). I love Silkies too!! So pretty!!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by