Hello!

cdewar

In the Brooder
Sep 20, 2015
Arkansas
My other half and I have had a back yard flock for almost 3 years now. I am currently incubating Blue Andalusians I got from a wonderful breeder here in Arkansas. I am super excited about them! I am aiming for them to be my hobby bird and would like to one day start a breeding program with selective breeding and also show them.

Last edited:
Hi! Welcome!
frow.gif
Sounds like you are well on your way! What an exciting hobby. We'll look forward to updates!

Thanks everyone! I do have somewhat of a plan. The hardest part is finding other people who breed to standard! I have turned into an information hog on the breed. I was also able to get my hands on Silver Dun's book about breeding to standard... That was published in 1800 something... Ya, not so sure that would be current. I have looked at the APA website, but the one book they offer is 60.00 and I am not sure what to think. Do any of y'all know if it has more than just one page on the different types of birds or does it give standard info? This is where I am stuck. Getting to be a bit frustrating. I searched in the Breeding for excellence forums and no one seems to breed Blue Andalusians for show.

welcome-byc.gif

What an interesting project you have with the Blue Andalusians. Those are on my "wish list" of breeds to try (along with several others, lol). I know the Livestock Conservancy has Andalusians listed as "threatened" so it's great to have more people breeding this beautiful bird.

Good luck and thanks for joining us!

The Livestock Conservancy is how I found out about Blue Andalusians. I went to P. Allen Smith's poultry workshop. He breeds them and I was able to purchase hatching eggs from him! I love the fact that I know where they are coming from and have seen the stock that they were bred from. All of his birds are beautiful, I could not resist! Hatch day is 7 days away! AHHHH!

The Livestock Conservancy is how I found out about Blue Andalusians. I went to P. Allen Smith's poultry workshop. He breeds them and I was able to purchase hatching eggs from him! I love the fact that I know where they are coming from and have seen the stock that they were bred from. All of his birds are beautiful, I could not resist! Hatch day is 7 days away! AHHHH!

Good luck with your hatch! I'll hope you post some pictures when they're here
smile.png

I will for sure! I joined the October Hatch-A-Long. Will have pics in there, but I will keep this thread updated as well :)

Back
Top Bottom