Hello! :)

jessipanda

Chirping
Oct 14, 2015
I'm New to the forum, as well as to raising my own chickens. I haven't had any since I was a young girl, and I don't really count that since all I did was collect eggs.

Right now, we (my family and I) have two 8 month old mottled polish hens named Whoopi and Wanda. We have had 2 perfect eggs so far, and are looking forward to many more! Our girls are part of our family and we love them dearly

Welcome to BYC. What beautiful hens you have. Pullet eggs start out small and gain size as the egg machinery gets all the kinks out. I see you have a dog on board - how does he feel about the chickens?

Welcome to BYC.   What beautiful hens you have.  Pullet eggs start out small and gain size as the egg machinery gets all the kinks out.    I see you have a dog on board - how does he feel about the chickens?

The two eggs we've gotten so far were perfect for our girls. They're small hens, so they lay small eggs. As for the dog, she LOVES chicken... But she's well-trained and can be outside with me while they're out. Of left alone long enough, we wouldn't have any chickens anymore...

Back
Top Bottom