Hello

arghyla

In the Brooder
Dec 31, 2015
New here. No chickens yet trying to do some thorough research first to make sure I am taking care of them right. I have a small Amt of land but my town is zoned for 4 chickens. Woot lol. Huge animal lover. I am hoping to get silkies bc they r so adorable. I'm torn bc I want good layers but I want these girls to be pets too. I love reading everyone's posts. Thank you all this seems like a very nice community

Hi :welcome

Glad you could join the flock! You have certainly come to the right place for all the research here. The learning centre is a great place to start. Lots of articles that will help you keep your girls happy, safe and healthy. Here is the link if you have not already checked it out ~https://www.backyardchickens.com/atype/1/Learning_Center

Good luck getting started with your new venture. Be sure to ask any questions, everyone here to help.

Enjoy BYC and all the chicken chat :frow

Thank u I have a bit. Navigating by phone isn't the easiest but I'm loving the wealth of info and resource here!

Silkies are not great layers but, they tend to be very good broodies. That means when the urge to hatch eggs drives them to sit on a nest (even with invisible eggs) and attempt to hatch them. When they are broody, you can even slip fertile eggs under them - from any breed you want. Welcome to the Backyard chickens flock.

Silkies are not great layers but, they tend to be very good broodies.  That means when the urge to hatch eggs   drives them to sit on a nest (even with invisible eggs) and attempt to hatch them.  When they are broody, you can even slip fertile eggs under them - from any breed you want.    Welcome to the Backyard chickens flock.

Thank u. My original desire to have chickens was the bonus of eggs and lovable new fluffy derps but I'm getting swayed by eggs now :0

Back
Top Bottom