Hello

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by girlandherchick, Jan 26, 2016.

1. girlandherchick

girlandherchick New Egg

Jan 26, 2016
    Hi this is Christine and Justin! We are new to backyard chickens since April. We visit the site often to get as much info as we can. SO much to learn about chickens. We have became very attached to them and consider them our pets as well. Everything has been going great until our little road island red has broken her beak.

2. Pork Pie Ken

Pork Pie Ken Monkey Business Premium Member

Jan 30, 2015
    Africa - near the equator
    Hi Christine and Justin - welcome to BYC. Lots of info here at the Learning Centre, as well as searching for threads. Sorry about your chicken beak problem - maybe try searching to see if there is anything that can be done? Also, try typing your state in the search box, as theres sure to be a group of BYC members that live nearby.

We're a friendly bunch and peeps try to help each other out as much as possible, so don't be afraid to ask any questions you may have.

All the very best

CT

3. Michael OShay

Michael OShay Chicken Obsessed

May 14, 2014
    Montana
    Welcome to BYC, Christine and Justin. Glad you decided to join our flock. I'm sorry to hear what happened to your Rhode Island Red. You should post on our Emergencies, Diseases, Injuries, and Cures section in Raising BackYard Chickens under the Forum at the top of the page and take advantage of our chicken health experts there. Also, if you haven't done so already, definitely check out our Learning Center at https://www.backyardchickens.com/atype/1/Learning_Center. There is lots of useful information there. Please feel free to ask any questions you may have. We are here to help in any way we can. Cheers.

4. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years. Premium Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    Nice to meet you Christine and Justin - welcome to Backyard chickens. Poor girl how did she break her beak? Is it just cracked or some broken off? For cracks I think people may use the type of super glue, a vet may use.

5. NickyKnack

NickyKnack Love is Silkie soft!

Hello Christina and Justin!
    [​IMG]
    Welcome to BYC and the coop! There's a lot of great peeps here! Feel free to ask lots of questions. But most of all, make yourself at home. I'm so glad you decided to joined the BYC family. I look forward to seeing you around BYC.

6. N F C

N F C doo be doo be doo Premium Member

Dec 12, 2013
    Wyoming
    [​IMG]

Just earlier today there was a member with a chicken with a beak so brittle it kept breaking. It was suggested by someone with a similar experience to try putting the food is a soft plastic bowl and to wet the food so the bird doesn't have to peck so hard to eat.

I hope she'll be ok!

7. BantamFan4Life

BantamFan4Life LOOK WHAT YOU MADE ME DO. Premium Member

Jun 15, 2012
    Washington
    My Coop
    Welcome to BYC! I'm glad you joined us! :)

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by