Hello!

Medievalfarm

In the Brooder
Feb 24, 2016
Hi everyone! So glad to be here. I don't have chickens yet but am currently building my coop and hope to have chickens in about a month. I'm so excited!! I'm a longtime fan of chickens, many of my good friends raise chickens, and I've consulted this website many, many times on their advice.

I am an amateur historian and I love animals. My dream is to transform my property into a hobby farm that specializes in heritage and threatened breeds of chicken, sheep, rabbits, and horses. I have and breed Bergamascos, which is a rare breed of Italian sheepdog that dates back to Ancient Rome. There are only about 6,000 of them in the world.

I live in Ventura County (Southern California) and can't wait to meet new chicken folks, both close to home and far away!

Thanks for letting me join!
Shannon

Great advice, thank you! I can't wait! Incidentally, I love Yorkshire! I've been to the city of York many times - it's one of my favorite places. Such a beautiful area.

Your most welcome :highfive:
Glad to hear you enjoyed York & the area. York is a great place to visit with lots of history. I'm about 25 miles south of it so it's not too far from me. Christmas is a great time to visit :D

Welcome to Backyard chickens. If I am not mistaken I believe your breed of dog was just excepted at AKC shows. I was watching the Westminster show on TV and believe they brought out a Bergamasco to show the audience.

Hi and welcome to BYC. Sounds like you have some exciting times ahead with your plans! If you do plan to revisit York, take a canoe with you
smile.png

All the best
CT

Back
Top Bottom