1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Hello!

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by CharlieBarlie, Apr 12, 2016.

1. CharlieBarlie

CharlieBarlie New Egg

Apr 12, 2016
    Bates City, Missouri
    Hi, my name is Charity, I live in Missouri I've had my backyard chickens off and on for many years but just recently have become obsessed with my chickens.
    The chickens I have now are mostly ones that my children chose for no other reason except that they just simply chose that chicken.
    So, I know I have a Leghorn hen and I believe my other three are Black Cochins. They are all 2 years old now.
    I hatched 5 eggs in October and those are a cross between the Leghorn hen and the Cochin rooster. The 3 roosters are white cochin/leghorns with feathered feat and the distinct Leghorn comb. The 2 hens from this hatch are feather-footed as well with beautiful black feathers mixed in with their majority of white feathers. They are pretty and I'm proud that I hatched them in an emergency situation. The brooder hen decided to stop sitting on them mid-way through. So, I candled them and brought them in the house to "do my best" without an incubator. It was intense but they all hatched and survived.......and I am totally hooked and obsessed with chickens now!

I DID purchase an incubator yesterday and am planning on hatching some more chicks very soon. I love this site and it has helped me through so many of my chicken questions so I decided it was time to join!

2. CherriesBrood

CherriesBrood Chicken Photographer Premium Member

Hello and [​IMG]
    We're glad you joined us!

3. BantamFan4Life

BantamFan4Life Water Under the Bridge Premium Member

Jun 15, 2012
    Washington
    Welcome to BYC! I'm glad you joined us! :)

4. mlm Mike

mlm Mike Sunna and Mani

Aug 14, 2010
    Hardy Township, OH
    [​IMG] I'm glad you joined!

5. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years. Premium Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    You did a great job bringing them to hatch without an incubator [​IMG]. Glad you joined us at Backyard chickens.

6. CTKen

CTKen Monkey business Premium Member

Jan 30, 2015
    Africa - near the equator
    Hi Charity and welcome to BYC - glad to have you join us. Congrats on your hatch and your chicken addiction - funny how they grow on you eh? You are most certainly in the right place for any and everything chicken, so make yourself at home and enjoy.

all the best
    CT

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by