Hello

Do the other two chicks bully her ? Is she eating, drinking and pooping okay? Have you checked her for pasty butt? Sometimes you just get a chick that is a "squeaky wheel," that has found out every squeak gets attention. Or she may be too hot or too cold.
so, first of all, she is a pullet, not a chick. she is 3 months now, and i let her free range as well as the other 11 (NOT COUNTING HER)
pullets and cockerels. A couple of the cocks bully her, but only because they want to mate. she is only eating if i put water on her food. she drinks normal water, but she will not drink the vinegar water i use. I have not seen her poop in a little while, but she doesn't have pasty-butt. It has been very hot here in cali...but she is not spreading out her wings. Her tongue is white, and she keeps her beak open all of the time. If you would like more details, please read my thread "My Hen Has A White Tongue!" in diseases/illnesses/treatments. (or whatever it is called.) and no, she is not a "squeaky wheel." She is a very strong pullet. Seriously. I have to force her to drink the vinegar--water, and she still has energy enough to thrash and peep in reluctance. (seriously. I have giant scratches all down my arm.)

Sorry, lol..... I'm not sure who the questions are for.... this is my first thread, excuse my new-ness.... I'll get the hang of it. I really appreciate you all for helping answer my question. I've been watching this site for a while... really nice community of people here

Welcome to BYC
frow.gif
Glad you joined us!

Back
Top Bottom